- a conformal mesh at the medit file format (.mesh(b) extension) or at the gmsh file format (.msh(b) extension)
Note that the gmsh software handles a lot of mesh file formats, thus, you can use it to convert your mesh at the medit format :
Save As -> Mesh - INRIA Medit (*.mesh)
If you use the medit file format, you can provide:
- a size map at medit solution file format (.sol extension) if you want to adapt your mesh to a size map.
- a level-set map at medit solution file format (.sol extension) if you want to discretize an isovalue of a function.
For the gmsh file format, the size map or level-set map must be provided in the .msh(b) file as $NodeData.
Learn to use the Mmg applications:
- mmg2d to remesh triangular two-dimensional meshes
- mmgs to remesh triangular three-dimensional surface meshes
- mmg3d to remesh tetrahedral volume meshes